Family Visas - Settlement - Marriage or Civil Partnership

If your Fiance(e) or proposed civil partner has the right to live in the UK permanently (such as holders of a British passport, Certificate of Entitlement or UK Residency) they can sponsor you to join or accompany them to the UK.

How can ivisas help?

Ivisas takes the stress out of applying for a visa; why spend hours reading through complicated rules and procedures? For further information and assistance regarding this visa please contact ivisas

Do I qualify?

You will need to supply original documentation to demonstrate that:-

  • You are seeking entry as the Fiance (e) or proposed civil partner of a person who is living permanently in the UK permanently or intends to settle in the UK at the same time as you.
  • You and your sponsor have met;
  • You both intend to live together permanently after the marriage/civil partnership;
  • There will be sufficient funds available to support you prior to, and after the date of your marriage or civil partnership without claiming from the state;
  • Acceptable accommodation has been arranged for you prior to and after your marriage or civil partnership.

You must apply for this visa before you travel to the UK and you must enter the UK at the same time, or after your sponsor.  Your visa will be valid for six months to enable your marriage/civil partnership to take place. You will need to apply for further leave to remain in the UK, once you are married, prior to the expiry of your visa.